New to Microsoft Teams?
Here is a quick guide on getting started. Welcome to the future! Teams can replace your file server and offer enhanced security to using a traditional file server.
The Finer Details
- On the bottom left-hand side of Microsoft Teams, click ‘Join or create a team’
- Click Create a team
- Choose to create ‘From Scratch’, then ‘Private’
- Give the team a name, suggestions such as ‘Sales’ or ‘Accounts’ are good ones to use. Then click Create
- Add members to the Team as required
- You will notice, Member and Owner options, next to the people you have added. Give all users Member permissions and Owners to the people you really, really trust
- Click Close when done
Now that your Teams/s have been created, its time to create Channels. Think of Channels as the Folders within you traditional file storage.
- Right-click the Team and click Add Channel
- Give it a name, then click Add
- After clicking on Files at the top you can start uploading your files either by drag-and-drop or clicking the Upload option.
More on Teams
Here are some more articles on Teams that you might benefit from.